Sunday 9 March 2014

Challenge 9 Pan Pastel Challenge . . . Use three textures

Good morning and welcome to our new challenge with lots of exciting inspiration from our talented DT ! While you're browsing you're bound to notice that a lot of our team are using some gorgeous goodies from Dutch Doobadoo on their projects. 

Dutch Doobadoo bring an amazing range of products including gorgeous masks, stencils and templates as well as beautiful laser cut paper art shapes and all sorts of other goodies. Premium Craft brands are proud to be bringing these wonderful products to you but they are so good they have their own challenge blog too, the first challenge started yesterday and there is a fab prize up for grabs so pop over and check out the new blog, We Do Doobadoo!

Right then back to business as its time to announce the lucky winner of challenge 8! Random.org has picked out number 7, that's you

Clare from Miscanthus Crafts

congratulations hun email us to claim your fabby prize of gorgeous Premium Craft Brands goodies! And now on to  our top 3, congratulations go to




Congratulations to you all, don't forget to pick up your Top 3 Badge for your blogs

Now on to our new challenge where we want to see

Three Textures

and as always our DT have created some amazing projects to inspire you

Terry Hey there guys, I had so much fun altering a simple box into a classy one, at least I think so....I used lots of Gesso, Light Modelling Paste on top of a fabulous Stencil from Dutch Doobadoo, even a bit of crackle and Irisidescent Paste to cover it all and to create the Texture on top of the box. And offcourse I have worked with the fabulous colours (psss my favourite colour) Magenta, Looks like purple and Magenta Tint, looks like lavender to me

Lots of roses and a few butterflies from DD, some lace on the hearts and a sentiment stamp to finish my project for this week. 
Tracy - Hello sweet friends, I have been doing so many layouts this week that I thought I would go with the flow and do one more for this weeks challenge.
I had so much fun using Maimeri Gesso, Light Modelling Paste through a Dutch Doobadoo Art Masks, adding Pan Pastels to tissue paper and . . . .
 . . .  a few stamps and stickers thrown in for good measure! More over on my blog here.

Lou: I have made a tag this week using the Doobadoo Fabric Art ( iron-on denim) as my base. I have lightly brushed the denim with silver pan pastel to create a soft sheen. I have used Haberdashery    stamp set from Studio 12 coloured with raw umber pan pastel and then embossed with clear detail powder. The background paper is from an old book which has been "antiqued" using raw omber pan pastel.
The gorgeous swirls, buttons and butterflies are from Dutch Doobadoo  and they have been lightly tinted with raw umber and white pan pastel.

Claire  I had loads of messy fun creating my project for the new challenge, creating different textures using Maimeri Iridescent Paste coloured with Gold and Copper PanPastels. I used a palette knife, a stamp and a Pronty stencil
 and then had a play with a texture tool around the side of my little book box. The butterfly is one of the gorgeous laser cuts from Dutch Doobadoo, love em! You can find all the details on my blog

Nikky....I am adoring the new Doobadoo products - they go so well with all the mediums and masks and - well, everything! It's a long time since I came across products which are so versatile in terms of the genre of crafts you can use them with...they're fab! I decided to make a simple tag this week.
I used Phthalo Green and a bit of Perm Red Pan Pastels to cover a white tag shape, then used the Faded dots Doobadoo mask, applied Versamark through it and then dusted over the top with metallic Pan Pastels. I cut a couple of strips of paper and stamped with Versamark again with the check background stamp and then coloured it with Perm Red again. I used a scroll stamp and stazon to stamp over the background and then just made a little embellie using the kraft heart and the laser cut wings which are just awesome. You can see all the products I used here.

**********************************************************************************************
This challenge will run for two weeks so you have until  Saturday 22nd March to enter the challenge so you have LOADS of time and the winner will win a super stash of Premium Crafts goodies including Pan Pastels, Mediums, Masks and who knows what else! The winner will be announced on Sunday 9th March.

We don't really do loads of rules here but we do have a couple so please take note:
1. No back links
2. Only 2 entries to make it fair for everyone
3. We'd love you to TRY and play along with the challenge if you can although it's not a hard and fast rule but extra brownie points are awarded to those who do. 
4. The main prize can only be posted to a UK address - if the prize is not claimed within 14 days it will be offered to someone on the Top 3 from the same week.
5. You MUST be a follower of this blog to enter

And remember - our Top 3 is eligible for the running to be offered a place as a forthcoming Guest designer too!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

9 comments:

  1. gorgeous inspiration from the DT, thank you. Thanks also foe picking me as top 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won...oh great! well done everyone and fab makes from the DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome artwork pretty colours to x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous inspirations and thank you for another great challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab DT inspiration, some fab techniques:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful DT work and thanks for the challenge
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great inspiration from the DT team, all so different, xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects from the DT as always! I subscribe to the blog by e-mail - I hope that counts as following!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!